Dates: Jan. 2 to March 5
Class time: 2:00 - 6:00 pm
Classroom size: 12
* Required: Applicants must have a written script (30--90 pages) or one in progress.
Students must present 10 pages of written script (5 pages for short scripts) at each session.
Click to Enroll
A ten-week long extensive workshop, meeting once per week (Thursdays).
Each student should come with a script or script idea for a feature-length (90 mnts) or short (30 mnts.) fiction film. Students will write the script under guidance during the course. Those with a ready script will work on improving it by applying what they learn.
- Classic Screenplay Structure
- Character Arcs
- Dialogue – the cinematic language
- Dramaturgy - Cinematic Syntax
- Theme & subtext
- Conflict – plots and subplots
- Pace, Style, and Tone
- Personal style and voice
Students will learn to:
- Understand plot and narrative structure
- Analyze the key components of classical dramatic narrative
- Develop dramatic situations and scenes
- Write engaging and entertaining dialogue between well-realized characters
- Find their personal style and voice
- Writing loglines, short synopses, and treatments
- Learning how to pitch a story
- Learn how to be effective writers
- Learn the art of dialogue and communication
- Learn the art of presentation
Contact Information for Peace Film Initiative
400 N. Hollywood Way Ste. 207, Burbank, CA 91505 USA
2020 Befrin City, Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq